Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pinterest Project!

So... have you heard of Pinterest? It's my latest addiction. It's a virtual online pinboard that helps keep track of all those great ideas and things that I find online. And it's a goldmine of great ideas. I can't tell you how many times I've found a little gem that someone else has pinned onto Pinterest and thought to myself, "How come I didn't think of that?!".... or "That is genius!".... or "I have to make that!" Michael has also started "pinning" and decided to make one of the awesome projects we discovered. It's a ruler growth chart that hangs on the wall that you can use through the years to keep track of the height of the kids. And thanks to Michael's mom, who was better at measuring the boys on a regular basis than me, we have a pretty good history that we transferred onto the ruler from the door frame in her kitchen. I personally think it turned out fabulous!



We used a 1"x8"x6' board. And when I say we.... I mean Michael. We rounded the edges on the side that was going to be the front, sanded it, and stained it. The numbers are vinyl that I cut with my Cricut. The thin black lines are also vinyl that Michael cut with my paper trimmer. I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Looks great! I should check out pinterest, but I know if I do I will be on there too much!

Adams said...

I had the most random dream last night and it included you in the military! How are you??