Sunday, May 30, 2010

Short Haul.... Yikes!

So, that is my Michael on the end of a 100 foot long line attached to the belly of the helicopter, practicing a rescue operation with Brandon Torres, the Zion Canyon district ranger and director of the Zion short haul program. Pretty exciting... a little scary to think about... but extremely cool!



Michael has been working very hard to add short haul to the arsenal of tools that Zion Helitack can use... in this case to save lives and rescue people in distress at Zion National Park. He spent last week training to use this tool with the Search and Rescue Team at Zion.


I know.... CRAZY.... right?


You can tell by the look on his face what he thinks about the experience... what can I say... I'm so proud of him... and I'll just end with what I always tell him as he walks out the door each day... "Be Careful."

6 comments:

Adams said...

BOYS! No fear!

The Damron's said...

Yeah he must be crazy, but way to go!

Brett and Tiffany said...

I would be a nervous wreck if my husband had that job! You are a brave wife!

Lillian said...

Way to go Mike! Congrats and be careful!!

sladefamilyaz said...

Whoa!

S said...

Scary!!!! I would be terrified. Glad he was safe!