Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ty takes a tumble!

My poor Ty! I guess he is going to be our accident prone, emergency room visiting boy. On Monday night he took a tumble off a bar stool in the kitchen. The stool tipped back and he fell forward and hit his mouth on the metal bar on the bottom of the stool. I yelled for Michael and picked him up and there was blood everywhere! We went to the ER, and after he was cleaned up the Dr. said all the lacerations were superficial and would heal on there own without stitches. But, the top two front teech were pushed back and one was broken, so he told us to see a dentist in the morning. So we saw a pediatric dentist on Tuesday, Dr. Tyler Albrecht, who was awesome!!! I just found a new dentist for the boys! Anyway... Ty wouldn't let him look inside his mouth very much, but enough that the dentist could see the broken tooth couldn't be saved and would need to come out. So on Wednesday we went back, they sedated him, and once the Dr. was able to do a comprehensive exam, both teeth had to come out. The poor boy will be toothless until his permanent teeth come in... at least two years! His upper lip and gums are so bruised and swollen it just looks black inside his mouth. He's been a trooper through all of it. This morning he is finally getting some food down and starting to act like himself again. It should only get better from here, but he's had a rough couple of days the poor kid!

Michael took this picture with his phone, so it's not the best, but you can see his swollen upper lip. He's been a brave, big boy. Mama is the whimp. I just want to cry every time I look at him.

5 comments:

The Damron's said...

SO sorry but I'm glad that he is feeling better, is there anything we can do to help?

Michelle Connolly said...

Oh my goodness...it's the pits to watch little ones hurt. It just breaks my heart. I'm sure you were strong for him. Lots of hugs huh. Should we call him the "toothless wonder:)?"

sladefamilyaz said...

That is so terrible! Poor Ty! I'm so sorry that happened to him. I hope he is feeling better by now.

Adams said...

Aren't you glad that Heavenly Father is wise and lets us grow into our permanent teeth?! Geez, poor kid and poor mamma and daddy!

Adams said...

Hey, can I get your address for Christmas cards?
mrmrsdaadams@juno.com